Saturday, December 09, 2006

Oniomania

The gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, the joy of their play. It is indifferent to the decency of our factories and the safety of our streets alike. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither wit nor courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our duty to our country. It measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile.

- Robert F. Kennedy


Things at work are starting to heat up. The oniomania is starting to grip the populace, and it's going to get crazier the closer we get to the 23rd. I have a funny feeling that's going to be the peak day, since it is a Saturday. Christmas Eve we are going to be open 9:30am-5:00pm. Boxing day is going to be pandimonium, plain and simple. I have no idea what kind of things were are going to be doing, what sales we are going to have, but even if I did, I couldn't post them in my blog. But hey, I have a funny feeling that making money will not be difficult for the month of December.

I also got an information about the employee health benifits package now available to me since I've been with Source for six months now. Now I'm kinda glad that I stuck through the school year working. Almost cost me my degree, my marriage, and my sanity, but I have a funny feeling that's just a taste of things to come.

No comments: