Monday, November 20, 2006

Pleasant surprises

Even though my finished essay was a mere five and a half pages, I handed it in anyway. I couldn't think of anything else to write, and it was close to the deadline to boot. Turns out that although I thought my essay was much shorter than required, it was actually just about the right length. This is because of one little detail that I forgot about, and didn't do, which extended my paper within the 10-12 page requested length. I didn't double space it. After I got home, I double spaced it and discovered that my paper covered 11 pages. Actually with the endnotes, it spilled over to 12 pages. I would have put all the endnotes on the same page, so it's just as well to say that it was twelve pages long.

Class was pretty quiet since it was about a) Battlestar Galactica, which I know little about, and b) a Compendium of Canadian Science Fiction, of which I only read one story! Sadly, most everyone else in the class was on the same boat as me! Really embarassing. Next week it will not be the same, for we will be discussing Calculating God, the novel that I based my essay on. So next week I won't be sitting there looking over my schedule for the week.

Looking over my schedule for the coming week, I noticed something scary. Of the two assignments that are due on Friday, I only have about seven hours to work on them. I hope I'll be able to coordinate with some of my classmates, or at least get some competent work done on my own.

Oh yeah, and my final in C Lit is in EXACTLY two weeks. Meaning I have to start studying this week.

Maybe I should just stop sleeping. Wait. That would get me back in the hospital and into another quixotic quandary that I'd rather avoid.

Why couldn't the Christmas rush be in April when Christ was actually born, or at least January or February when I'm done school? I now know why I rarely worked during the school year pervious to this. The only other time I worked during the school year was when in 2003, and that was at Advanis where they didn't care what I did at work so long as I still had a decent flow rate, and even that they didn't care too much about. Nevertheless, I worked less than 10 shift there throughout the entire Fall term, and after midterms I think I put in two shifts.

Gah.

Well, I'm going to try to start the EE 430 right now before I head off to bed. Even though I need sleep. This is going to be a horrid week.

Five days.

No comments: