Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hard work paying off

Things are really starting to come together for Mikado. Once we were all into our costumes, it was much easier to get a feel for what to do on stage. And then we found that the length of the auditorium we practice is 60 feet, the same size at the Winspear stage.

Job search is not going as strong as I anticipated, but with the amount of spare time that I have... well, I suppose I could just give up blogging altogether. That wouldn't be a good idea though. I like having an outlet where I can record the going-on's of my life, and also, when I have time, ruminate on the finer points in life. Or not.

My in-laws also noted that their neighbours have put up a Olds Cutlass for sale. $1500 OBO. I would like to get a car, especially with baby coming, but I want to hold off on purchases like that until I get an engineering job. Or... maybe an AM position. I don't know if I'm going to pursue that though. I'm sure if I asked for advancement, there wouldn't be much to it. I am Rogers certified now. Yeah! I was a little surprise when I found there was two new courses. Finished those up quick, because I'd been waiting for months to get my certification!

However, any management position would be a serious investment in time and effort on my part. It's not like I'll go AM and then, oh I'm done now, two weeks later. Then again, some management experience is better than none. Plus, management experience is a very good thing to have on an engineering resume.

I'll ponder on this tomorrow as I ride the train to work. Since I don't have a car. Yet.

No comments: