Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Jobs and bikes

I've sent off some applications to Colt, both the electrical division, and to someone working directly on the Suncor Oilsands Project. I also got a call for someone at ALTIG International. Then there is the fact that there is the pay raise on the horizon, and Londonderry is going JV. Comes down to which job is the best for me and my family.

Oh! The irony! Spring Break ends, and so does the spring weather! I've been taking the bus the past two days because of the pile of snow that got dropped down on the city. I know it's not much, just a few centimeters, but it still sucks that I'm back taking ETS. I really like riding my bike to work, even though I do get to read a lot more riding public transit. Things should be warming up by the end of the week, maybe we'll have some good riding conditions then.

On the topic of bikes, Caitlin and I (and Rini too I suppose) watched Breaking Away. Nice show, but it was really weird to see Dennis Quaid so young! But it had quite a few elements that made for a great movie. It had bikes, cats, bikes, Italian opera, bike races, coming of age elements, a bike rebuilding scene, family values, oh and did I mention bikes?

Mmmmm... Bicycles...

2 comments:

Budgie said...

you know you want to stay with the source. How much they paying you at the jv store ?

Dragon Paw Gent said...

I don't know, but they were willing to pay Tim $12/hr +commission

I'm not Tim.