Friday, May 16, 2008

A new day dawns

Technically, it's not dawn yet. Somewhere in Eastern Canada maybe, but not here. So I would say that tomorrow is the big day. I have an interview at 9am for a position with Pro-Tech Insurance. I know that my experience with WFG fell flat on its face, but this is a bit diffferent in the fact that you have the clients come to you. Just the idea that it was Amway with Insurance didn't sit well with me, and it REALLY didn't sit well with Caitlin. We also didn't have a car at the time, and that put a serious damper on the feasibility of it. Now we have Elene, our wonderful 1986 Hyundai Excel that Bishop Orr gave to us on March 21, 2008 (have to double check the car log to be sure about that), and on the good days, I should be able to ride my bike. But it's the whole idea of getting into a job that will have hours that will allow me to be a better father and husband. At least that's the hope. Not attending church has really put a damper on me, and that can be a seriously bad thing.

The biggest thing that I have to remember tomorrow is not volunteer my bi-polar. That got me black-balled from Telus, and it is not something that will interfere with the job. I have it under control with medication, meditation, and... sleep.

Funny, Caitlin and I were going over some interview questions, and when we got to the issue of dependability, and what everyone would say, I thought of Free Comic Book Day. First Saturday of May, we went to Happy Harbour Comics, and talked with Ed and Liana (Ed and Red's night party). Through conversation, that was basically Caitlin and Liana going on about costumes, it was mentioned that Liana was an E cup. This fact was mentioned earlier, but I thought that it was said in jest. It was then that I thought it would be best if we went to Dawn's Bra-tique to invest in some undergarments for Caitlin, since she was about the same size as Liana, from my observations. Turns out that I was pretty close, if not correct in my assumption. The real story comes from what Rini and I did.

At one point, we discover that Rini needs a diaper change. Not emergency level, but it would be a good idea. Caitlin and I then realize to our dismay that we had forgotten diapers. And wipes. Lucky for us, Kingsway garden mall was across the street! I head off, baby in arms, and I venture into the mall to find the supplies. First stop, Zellers, where I could not find anything smaller than 80 diapers in a box, and I couldn't find any wipes to boot. So I ventured towards Shoppers Drug Mart. On the way to Shoppers, there are a number of stores, one of them being GameStop. I figured that since Rini's diaper situation wasn't too bad I would stop in there for five minutes. And I did only stop for five minutes! I found Psychonauts for PS2, went to the counter to purchase it, and by the time the cashier had rung the game through, Rini was asleep. When I recounted this story to Mike (manager at Source), he added, "Well, you can still change diapers when they're asleep." At this point I include the thoughts that went through my mind, "Since she's asleep, we don't have to change her diaper right away." With that thought in mind, I went back to Dawn's. You can only imagine what Caitlin's face looked like when I told her that not only was Rini still in the same diaper, but I had not acquired any more, and I had purchased a game. Comment from Mike, "I'm surprised you're here right now. My wife would have killed me!" I think if it wasn't for the fact that we spent over $200 on Caitlin's 'I feel pretty' clothes, she would have been signifigantly more miffed at me.

Well, I need some sleep so I can get ready for tomorrow.

No comments: