Thursday, October 19, 2006

How did I make it this far?

It's a good thing that I decided to take a look at my notes to figure out how close, or how far, I was to the actual answers for the exam I just finished. Or rather the exam that just finished me! Nah, I'm still living and breathing, but now I'm not filled with the desire to scream profane explitives.

I hate exams. I really do. I tend to blank out, can't think of anything that we covered in class that seems remotely close to what I would consider helpful, and then in the end I just spew out anything that I can think would be close to what the right answer could resemble, because at that point I'm willing to write anything down, and I usually do. Oftimes I've written comments on how much I loathe exams, and how I should reconsider what I'm doing. I did that again on this exam, almost making me wonder if I should have gone into the Arts instead. But then again, we all know what happened when I took Drama 149. I'm thinking I should stick with sciences and engineering.

I do enjoy writing, but that's just it. I enjoy it. J.R.R. Tolkien enjoyed writing, but as a hobby, not a profession. He was an Oxford professor for the most part. I also hate working under deadlines, but I wouldn't get anything done if it wasn't for them. Gah. Speaking of which, I have an assignment due tomorrow of which I've only completed one quarter. I'll see what I can get done tonight, and I'll also see if I can find another pencil, because I broke the pencil I have now during the exam I just wrote. It wouldn't be that bad, aside from the fact that it was a mechanical pencil! Grrr...

No comments: