Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New Toys

I didn't so much find new toys as I found new applications for iPaq. Avantgo is a wonderful little site that allows me to keep up to date with the news and weather. And it's free! That was actually something that I picked up from someone at church. Then I discovered The Core Pocket Media Player (link might not work)from a customer at work. I really like it aside from the fact that it doesn't play .avi files as well as I thought they would. Meh.

And then of course I have discovered the greatness that is YanCEyWare. I want to get a job that brings a lot of money in my direction so I can donate a massive amount to this guy. Wow. This software makes scriptures very easy to study from, and there is also a multitude of other good books to read. Classic literature such as Charles Dickens, Count of Monte Christo, Portrait of Dorian Grey, Odessey, Iliad, the complete works of Shakespear, and the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe are a few of the numerous titles.

I also have a CD coming my way because I found a spelling error in Vue Weekly. I don't know which one I'll get but I looked through the list of albums they have available, and I picked out five.

1. Weird Al - Straight out of Lynnwood (Hey Al! I'll have you know that I'm not a Canadian Idiot)
2. Dreamer - Soundtrack
3. High School Musical - Soundtrack (Haven't seen this, but I thought the songs were catchy)
4. Five for Fighting - Two Lights
5. The Last King of Scotland - Soundtrack (Haven't seen this either, but I like soundtracks)

I'll be getting an email soon from them and I'll find out the details then.

Another interesting link here. It's a brilliant commentary on the power of dreams and monsters.

No comments: