Monday, December 22, 2008

This is what happens when you don't take your meds

I'm starting to wonder just how much I enjoy my job right now.
Before, it was simple enough, and I was in a groove. Now, I'm never
sure what's going on. I don't have much of a plan of what I'm going
to do in the day, because most of the time, I can never get to it.
There is always something that grabs my time, and by the end of the
day, what I had planned to do remains undone, along with a number of
other things.

I'm going to sound a little emo here, but I was also a bit depressed,
and I really didn't want to be at work anymore. I was even told to do
something directly, and I didn't do it, because I felt that I had
something more important to do. Never mind that I had chased down
accounts all morning, the fact that I had not resolved all the
accounts and there were still a very large amount outstanding
remained. Effort is good, but at the end of the day, we need results.
If results are not there, then the day was a waste.

Or so it seems. The message I got was, "You are not doing your job,
and if you don't do it, then someone else will have to do it." What I
heard had a lot more expletives. I tend to do that when I'm
frustrated with myself. I also almost crashed the car a couple times
too because I was driving a little recklessly because I was so angry
with myself.

Then Caitlin reminded me of something I forgot. Meds. Haven't taken
them for over two weeks now, and it's starting to show. I might have
to switch to more than once a week. If it helps me focus, then it
will be worth it in the end.

It's hard to be a responsible father with an orange braclet on the fourth floor.

No comments: