Monday, April 03, 2006

Back on the saddle

I know that should be back in the saddle, but when you're riding a bicycle I would think that the proper term would be back on the saddle. But that's just me. Nevertheless, it felt good to be riding again after nearly five months, or was it longer than that? For all I know it was shorter. Anywho, one of the prime reasons I'm doing the bicycle commute is due to the fact that we only have enough money for one bus pass, rent, and a payment to the ELoC (Educational Line of Credit). Aptly named, it does feel a bit like a lock (and chain). I should make that payment before I go to class! With my bike it'll be a breeze to get around campus in time to do it too. :)

In other good news, I finally picked up a book, or rather a collection of comic books, that I've been waiting for a few months. Normally, I'm not a big comic book collector, but this series is written by Orson Scott Card, one of my favourite authors. Plus, I've really liked other Ultimate Marvel series, so I don't see how this will let me down. I'll post some reviews later, as I have yet to read it. Got to get the project done! Oh, and assignments, labs (one report I finished today, last one in that class!), and that final report for the project, not to mention studying for a final one week from today!
On a side note, I ordered this book at a Chapters store, and I was told that I could have it delivered to any Chapters affiliated store in the city. It would be sent from the Chapters warehouse in Toronto, and arrive with the usual store shipments, in about ten days. That was a month ago. Turns out that it did arrive, but when they called to tell me that, there was no answer. They could have left a message or called back, but sadly they did neither. Why? I don't know. They just opened their temporary relocation while their primary store is renovated, so my order might have got shoved on the back burner during the move.

Time to go and do some banking before class. Bikes away!

No comments: