Monday, April 10, 2006

Grant Me Peace

One hour until I get to see if the past two days of preparation have been enough for the EE 460 final. It will all be over by 8pm, whether I finish it or not, and then there's not much I can do except get the last lab report done! Oh, the irony! Not only is the exam today, so that would be the offical end of class, but the last day of classes is Wednesday, and the report is due Thursday.

I think the stress is getting to me. I find myself wishing that I could be somewhere else, and not having to worry about these things. The rub is that I'm sure I would have a different set of worries to replace those I have now. :)

Over the weekend I was able to participate in some relaxing and uplifting events. One was a production of "Liken the Scriptures", a dramatization of the story of Nephi and the Brass Plates (1 Nephi 3-4). My brother-in-law was in it, and Caitlin and I were able to get free tickets since her mom works for the LDS bookstore in town, where the tickets were being sold. I think they were also available through the Millwoods Stake, but I'm not sure. The show itself was a little campy, but had a youthful charm to it. The music was well done, especially the last number were the entire cast sang. It had an interesting mix of spiritual music combined with humourous numbers, and there was even a boy band act. Throughout the play, one boy is understanding how the story has a personal application to himself, just as we all can.

Saturday I was studying for a good part of the day, but I did take a break to visit with the Calgary Choir and go on a brief easter egg hunt. Of the 900 eggs that were on campus, only about 600 were recovered. There was one egg that had gummy snacks, and entitled the founder to a special prize which was never found. Oddly enough, it was hidden somewhere around ETLC, which is where I ditched my group to go back to studying! If they had followed me, or if we took a different path... Eh, nothing I can do about that now.
The choir performance was amazing. I could have participated, because I knew the music rather well, and there was only 13 men to the 41 women in the choir. One more male voice would have helped! However, I had missed practise for the past month, including the practise previously that day. Nevertheless, I was able to follow along in every song, except the last one, which Caitlin told me they had praticed every week since I left! The Calgary Choir had more of a balance with 23 men to the 21 women, but together, the 98 voices were... wow. I have to remember to go next year.

I am still really nervous about the exam at 6pm. Perhaps if I pray for strength, the Lord will see fit to answer my prayer, and at least let my mind be at ease so I can focus for two hours. I'm not a perfect person, not in the least. I have a hard time dealing with stress, and I'm still working on controlling myself, but I still fall short. I just need to remember that I've worked hard to get were I am. I've been pouring over the assignments, sample final, and course notes. I've discussed with my classmate, and... I should probably eat before I go in.
I end with what I started with.
Lord
Please
Grant me peace

No comments: