Monday, November 20, 2006

Knockdown

Just finished up my final essay for C Lit 342, and man was that thing a dozy. Here's the initial draft for the email that accompanied my essay to my prof's inbox.

At first I thought writing this essay was going to be a simple matter, since my personal beliefs coincide with much of what Calculating God is about. I wasn't exactly correct in that line of thought, and I struggled to write something I would feel comfortable with.

I put forth my best effort to compile this essay, and I hope you find it to be a reflection of my efforts throughout the year.

Thanks,

Steven Clark

P.S. I fear I might have shot myself in the foot with that last comment.


After reading over the email I reconsidered writing the comment about shooting myself, and comparing the essay to my efforts in class, and I edited those bits out.
It's really hard to write something that you feel very strongly about, but remain detracted from it as well. I really hope I do well in this class, because I don't want to come back and do this again!

Nice as it is to get that essay done, there's no time to rest on my laurels, if I had any. I have two assignments due Friday, which happens to be the day of the Ultrasound appointment. I'll be missing EE 404, and will only have enough time to get to campus hand in the assignments, and maybe attend ECON 204 before I have to head off to work. All my shifts start at 3pm this week, which is good, but bad. It gives me more time on Tuesday and Thrusday, but cuts the time on Wednesday and Friday. I'm going to have really shoddy assignments this week. Hmmm... One might wonder how that is different from any other week. Stupid one.

At the cost of working a Sunday shift, I did get time off work on Saturday to attend the Iron Ring ceremony. w00t!

Five days.

No comments: