Friday, November 03, 2006

Much better now

Wednesday, I was in distress. I was worried about my courses, about my job prospects, and also about my family. I actually spent some time at the Student Distress Centre to help with the maddness that was chewing on me and it helped quite a bit. After talking with the volunteer, I had my feet on the ground, and some information about the Academic Guidance Centre. Yesterday I signed up for an online workshop about overcoming Exam Anxiety. Included with the purchase is a free 45 minute one on one session with one of the staff in the office. I'll have to arrange that appointment for next week, but I'm waiting until I know what the work schedule is for next week before I do that.

Oh, and yes I did get the exam back. Much to my surprise, I didn't get the worst mark in the class. My mark was higher than the 28% I got on my EE 430 midterm, a sore embarassment, and I didn't get the lowest mark in the class. Rather my mark of 40% earned me the third lowest ranking on the midterm. Sadly enough, I know who got the lowest mark, and he was none too happy about it. We went and played some Gunblade to help get the dregs out of his mind, but we both know that we need to really shine on the Final, or else we are hooped.

It can be done. It will be done. Now I just need to find a copy of the assignment, since I have misplaced mine. I'll email Koval. He's good about things like that.

No comments: