Monday, November 06, 2006

TGIM

It's kind of weird that I look forward to Mondays. Most people don't have a Compartative Literature course through, and I feel sorry for them. Then again, those same people might feel sorry for me because of the essay that I have to hand in two weeks from now. Nevertheless, it a cool course, and my day is definately looking up.

I just dropped off the assignment that was due today, and I sent off the job application to EPCOR. I should remember to carry the cell phone with me in case they call, but I believe they set up the interviews through the employment office. Meh.

The big thing right now is to form a thesis for my essay. I'm basing it on Calculating God, and the challenge is finding a core theme to write the essay around. Science facts overlaps with theological beliefs; they are not seperate issues. This is what I took from Sawyer's work. The force of gravity is ever so close to forcing earth to collapse on itself, the curious wonder that is the physical properties of water, and the base structure of DNA. I seem to remember in scripture that God is bound by physical laws as well. There may be some standards that existed before the world was. That's not addressed in the book, so I can bypass that. I suppose all I need to do is take excepts of the book to back that up.

I was trying to think of something along the lines that you need to have an intersection of religion and science in order for them function optimally. For instance, you have the creationist who believe that the world was created over a period of 144 hours, no more no less. I personally think that's a crock. It's said that the Lord created the world in "six days". A day to God is not necessarily 24 hours. Our days are measured by the axial revolution of our planet. Just because God created the Earth, doesn't mean that he was living on the planet, and setting his watch to the local time. My assumption is that He would work on a certain thing, and once He was done, He called it a day. Literally. It might have been 10000 years, but under the project timeline, it was called Day 1. So why would the seventh day be included? Most people I know take some time off between massive projects.

Now to get that into 10 pages, and I'm set.

No comments: