Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back in class

Today was a bit of a waste of time in my eyes to go to U of A. First off, my first class was cancelled. I was two minutes late, and I wound up missing the entire thing! I talked with a couple of guys from the class, and they said that the prof is Africa for two weeks, and we have a sub for the moment. The course pack is available, and there was a brief syllabus, but other than that I missed the sub telling everyone that he couldn't write down his email address or his name because there was no pen. Great.

With three hours until my next class, I wandered for about an hour, then I went to drop off my perscription, knowing that it would take some time to fill. Not that it's difficult to find the meds, it's just that I was pretty sure that they would have to double check with the doctor that it was the right meds. I was right. When I went after Economics, I was told that same story that I've heard almost every time I've gone to fill my meds.

I made a stop at the Institute building, and the only class that I would be able to take would be Book of Mormon 1. Again. I find it a little difficult to find the motivation to take an insitute course since I've already graduated from the program, and received my post-grad. I know that I need spiritual studies to compliment my secular studies, but that's another kettle of fish altogether. I also realized that there are a lot of people that I've been out of touch with over the summer, and it was good to see everyone again!

I am so glad I decided to take Econ 204 as one of my last courses. First and foremost, 99% of the people in the class are first years. Heh heh. I'm going to mop the floor with these guys! Second of all, the course is not designed to add another 15 hours a week of work on the already huge work load of engineers. Hence there are no assignments, and all exam material is taken from the notes. The only catch, is that you have to show up in class, and take notes, because there is nothing posted online. All the same, hee hee hee. Swish! SO glad I'm taking this course when I am!

And on a less serious note, I got a view of the character designs for the new Transformers movie. All I can say, is that they are much different from what I remember, but they do have a slick look to them.

I've also revamped the links bar on the site. The blog where I got these pics is now listed there, as well as some more of my favourite webcomics.

No comments: