Monday, September 11, 2006

Rolling start

I am so glad that I decided to get those books for Comparative Literature when I did. Turns out that one of the assignments is a reading journal for one of the books on the reading list. The only catch, is that you need to submit the journal before it's discussed in class. The first book that we are going to discuss is Left Hand of Darkness, and I could realistically do this, expect that it sounded like the prof wants us to do the journal as we're reading the book. It doesn't matter if I like the book or not, it's just a matter of doing a critique about the book, and my impressions about it. There's a list of things to think about, such as narrative style, thematic issues, opinion about the setting and premise of the novel, and the list goes on. The only challenge would be cranking out the journal before the end of the week.

Surprise surprise, there were a couple more books on the reading list that I didn't know about. Not a huge surprise, because not only have I read the books, I've also seen the movie too! The first two books in the trilogy in five parts, Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

I better head off to bed, because:
a) I'm tired
b) my wife has been imploring me to do so for some time now, and
c) one word, Thunderstorm

No comments: