Sunday, July 23, 2006

And then there were three

Now the other Assistant manager is leaving. Alright, she's actually being transferred, and promoted. You can't blame her for wanting to make progress in her career possibilities. But now, we don't have an AM! We have a new guy coming in tomorrow from Ontario, who is "AM Material", but he's not an AM. Yet. My manager will have to make the call on that one.

We're also getting another guy transferred in to our store from Millwoods. This works out better for him because he lives on the north side, and Kingsway is half the distance for him to commute. I think that I got the best deal out of everyone. Just a quick 10 minute bike ride and I'm at work!

Mind you I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do that commute anymore. Yesterday, we were in a bit of a rush to get out to Millwoods, and I quickly, but securely, locked my bike to the beams surrounding a power transformer. It was the closest place to the Transit Center, and the bus that Caitlin and I needed to take was there and about to leave. It was a very fast lock up, but I had the lock around the guard rail, the bike frame, and through the front tire. I was hoping that we would get back into town that night, and I wouldn't have to leave it there overnight. I was wrong. But I was also wrong in thinking that someone would steal my bike. When we came back into Edmonton today, it was still there. Tires were fine, brakes were good, and the gears were still in the same position I left them. I didn't worry about it for the most part while we were at the dance last night.

Ma-me-o Beach dance was a lot of fun. I bought some spilters at work to create a third RCA stereo input for my PDA. I also recently aquired a 1Gb SD card so to store more music on there too. I had to experiment a little bit before I figured out how to get the system balanced right. In the end, I used the splitters to support both CD players on the left input, and iPAQ had sole use of the right input. Since the CD players were the same make and model, they had the same signal output, and thus they were able to perform with the spilters. However, both had to be on, or else the volume was cut in half, which I learned when we were shutting down. I managed to get a good elcetic mix out there for people, but I know for a fact there were a few teenagers who weren't completely satisfied with my offerings. I was played "My name is" by Eminem, but I didn't even get a minute into the song before someone bigger than my father-in-law came up and suggested that we turn it off, since there are little kids in attendance. I like some of Marshall Mathers stuff, but this guy was right, there were little kids there, and no one was dancing to it anyway. So I nixed it and didn't play much hip hop for the rest of the night. Some kids complained, but they didn't hire us, so I could care less of what they thought of me. The compliments outnumbered the complaints too.

No comments: