Sunday, July 30, 2006

To Blog or Not to Blog

I recently got an email from my mom about a new blog that I started up about my wife's pregnancy. She was happy for us, yet was a little disconcerted that I was keeping a public record about these events. I was a little perplexed because I was thinking about writing and publishing a book about all this. Aside from the publication idea, I find it a better way to keep a personal record. I used to keep a private journal, but I've had problems with keeping track of the books, scribblers, and computer files that I've used over time. Also, I've heard time and time again that our journals are for our own records, but also for future posterity. Why let people wait until I'm dead to read about me?

Mind you there have been somethings that have been recorded, but are not available to the public. Sealed documents concerning the assination of JFK for instance. Some prophesies were written and not revealed to the people at that time. Such as the one by Alma the younger(?) where he foresaw that the Nephite empire would fall 400 years after the coming of Christ.

There were a few things that were starting to worry me about blogging though. First is that I was putting in a lot of time to do entries. Don't get me wrong, I love to write, but I also love to spend time with my wife. We don't have the computer in our bedroom, and I wind up spending quite a bit of time apart, even though we're under the same roof. Feels weird. That's not really a problem now, because I have my PDA keyboard, so I can type in the company of my wife. The other worry was that I get too absorbed with myself. I certainly hope not!

1 comment:

Budgie said...

Blogs are cool and a great way to keep people informed on events without having to repeat yourself 10 times. Keep blogging!!