Sunday, July 02, 2006

June Review

Don't let anyone ever have you believe that public displays of affection are a bad thing. Unless you think that getting your picture in the paper is a bad thing. :) June 17, 2006 Ed Magazine, Edmonton Journal. We had it taken while we were at the Pancake Breakfast sponsered by the EBC. At first the photographer caught us off guard, and then we held it for him. It was interesting having the camera take seven pictures of us kissing over the course of 10 seconds, just to make sure he had the shot.

I also have a new job working at The Source by Circuit City at Kingsway Mall. I've been doing quite well, but I don't think that it's something that I want to do for the rest of my life. It does help me apply my engineering knowledge, but at one point I was using the knowledge I accrued from a $400 course to try to sell a $100 radio with a low pass filter (LPF) option. It would have been a better story had I actually sold the radio, or if the guy came back to buy it. That was one of those "Is this what my life has become?" moments. Spending thousands of dollars in debt all so I can sell shortwave radios in a retail setting. There are some people who just have high school and that's it. It's a little discouraging since those people often sell more than I. If I want to do sales engineering, then I would have to sharpen the selling skills.

Today Dad, Grandma, Caitlin and I did a road trip to Calgary for Benjamin Arthur Orr's blessing. The biggest surprise was when I saw John and Linda Mack there, and further surprised when I saw they were eight months pregnant. I thought that there were some medical difficulties, but I guess I was mistaken. Caitlin felt a little left out since we don't have any children, nor do we have plans to have children for a little while. Basically until I have my mid-pass filter operating sufficiently so that my mental capaticities don't hit resonant levels like they did over a year ago. But it was a good turn out at the blessing, and the lunch at the Orr's home afterwards. I just wish we had got Caitlin to see the house while we were there. Instead, Caitlin had some food and fell asleep on the couch.

I think I must be on a down cycle right now. Focusing on the negative and comparing myself to others and their accomplishments seems to bring out the worst in me.

I suppose this wouldn't be the best time to mention that the Oilers lost to Carolina, although anyone involved in hockey would have known that weeks ago. That or they are so caught up with the World Cup that they've forgotten all about hockey. :)

I'm going to end this with a happy thought. Caitlin still loves me, and told me that even if I wind up in the hospital again she will always love me. That and we have money for rent, and my dad told me that he would pitch in to help pay for my tutition if I need it.

2 comments:

Budgie said...

OMGZZZ ITS STEVENS BLOG!!!

*creeps*

:)

Budgie said...

heh. I'm too cheap to buy a measuring cup. How sad is that ?