Monday, July 24, 2006

Commonality between my job and a bakery

TURNOVERS! Ha ha ha ha.. ha... Hmmm. Kind of sad actually. Another store is in peril and my manager is sending off some of his own to help. By sending off, I mean going to Westmount for the rest of the week, and possibly some of the next. By some of his own, I mean me. There was a new person hired on, but he's going to be working at Westmount with me for the next few days. I am a little spooked, but only because Westmount is a lower volume store. Everyday at Kingsway, I'm surprised by the amount of people who come down from the Territories. We also get people who are staying at the Ramada Inn, or are in town for the first time, yet I wonder why other malls don't get traffic near the level as Kingsway? Kingsway still has the highest foot traffic of all the malls in the city. The Kingsway transit center is also a major hub for two of the busiest bus routes. NAIT is also very close by, so we get students looking for computer stuff, or alarm clocks, or stereos, or DVD players.

Westmount, not so much. It has a transit station, a skating rink, the cheapest first run theatre in the city, and ... oh yeah, my workplace! Telus World of Science, or Odyssium (or Telussium as I know some people call it), is also next door, as is Ross Shepard High School. The important thing is that I have the correct attitude, and who knows what can happen. A bit of a longer commute for me, but I know that it will help out the store in Westmount immensely. Nathan, the manager, has been keeping the place up himself for the past week. I've only been with the company for about two months, but I hold my own in sales, and Ryan (Kingsway manager) left me in charge for a few hours while he went home to get some rest. I goofed on giving his cell phone an unnecessary call, but that was it. Whew. Time for bed I think.

2 comments:

Budgie said...

hahahaha. I died laughing when i heard you were sent to westmount. then I sobered up and felt immensely sorry for you. Westmount is a hole. And dont mind the little person on a guilt trip...he's trying to make up for his small size by having a massive ego. ;)

Budgie said...

LOL@me. That should've read "powertrip"