Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Creativity comes to ploy

No, that's not a typo. My wife is now pregnant, and resorted to taking the bus because her bicycle is a bit too uncomfortable to ride now. She's only a couple months along, but until we get new handlebars, she's not going to ride. Getting a new handlebar post might be simple, it might not. Getting her new handlebars might be simple, it might not. Either way, I think it might be pricer than I'm expecting. I'll have to check out EBC and see if I can harvest an old bike and get something for Karpoozi (her bike's name). The reason behind the bike's name is because when we bought it, she thought of calling it "Watermelon" because of its green colour. I thought that was kinda weird calling it that, so I suggested the Greek work for watermelon, karpoozi, because I thought it sounded better. She went along with it and to this day we refer to it as Karpoozi.

Back to the ploy, since Caitlin doesn't want to be hunched over on her bike, and she doesn't want to walk, and it would be far too dangerous for her to rollerblade, I thought of a clever idea to get something I've had my eye on for a couple weeks. A scooter! They've come down in price considerably, she doesn't have to hunch over, it's easier to stop, and they are much easier to take on the bus if she can't ride home. The idea is that we'll get one right now for her, and then one for me later on. Maybe for my birthday. Eh, we'll have to see.

1 comment:

Budgie said...

I was gonna make fun of you for giving a name to the bike but I remembered that I named my car. It's known as "Sexy 'Stang of Gorgeousness".
But it's a he ;)