Monday, August 14, 2006

Good times

I really shouldn't say that life is all that bad right now. It's just that when I went to work on Friday I got caught in the downpour that soaked the city. I was mostly dry, save my pants, my jacket, and my socks. I was okay feetwise until I went through a puddle. That's when it was made clearly obvious that although my boots are watertight, lined with Gore-tex, and will keep your feet warm in temperatures as low as -30C, there is one problem with them. Each boot has a large gaping hole. Since that is where you put your foot in, the only boot that doesn't have that problem was one designed by Newfies.

Even in the rain, it only took about 20 minutes to get to Londonderry from the moment I set my foot out the door to when I arrived. I really need to lube my bike now, but I'll get to that later today, since I have the day off.

I was hoping to go see Monster House today with Caitlin, but that's up in the air. We'll see how she feels in an hour.

The company picnic on Saturday was a great sucess. I'm really glad I went to Londonderry, because no one from Westmount showed. They had other plans involving friends, family, and... video games. The fact that no one had a car played a part too I think, but the 128 goes right from Westmount to Hawrlack Park. Their loss.

There is a slight possibility that I'll get Sunday and Monday off again next week, but I won't know until the schedule is written. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

Budgie said...

**There is a slight possibility that I'll get Sunday and Monday off again next week, but I won't know until the schedule is written. Here's hoping.**

Are you hinting? :P

Dragon Paw Gent said...

No. I talked with Jon, and he said it was a possibility. I'm just stating facts.