Thursday, August 03, 2006

Three years and going strong

August 2, 2006 marked the third anniversary of the day my wife and I entered into the covenant of eternal marriage. Some people question why I decided to get married, since the engagement was a scant three and a half months.

I had dated other members of the opposite sex, I had a good idea what I was looking for, and I also prayed about it. I was at the time, and currently still am, a good standing member of the LDS church. I paid my tithing (one tenth of my income), attended weekly worship meetings and various other protocol that qualified me to hold a valid temple recommend. At home and elsewhere I pondered the possiblity of living with my then-girlfriend as husband and wife for time and all eternity. It was daunting, but it felt right.

Everyday since, I thank God for His answer to my prayers, my sister and mother-in-law for exchanging mine and Caitlin's phone numbers, and most of all my darling wife who has stood by me through these tumultous times, knowing from the beginning that it was not going to be blissful 24/7, but not knowing how difficult to would be. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that we both went into this thinking about all the difficulties we were bound to encounter together, but knowing that we could overcome them TOGETHER. I thank The Lord every day that I found you, my Tomcat, and I will never be willing to give you up!

Budgie said...

Congratulations :)