Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Long Overdue

Written on iPAQ, 19 August 2006, 11:46pm

A lot of things tend to get shoved into the background. Taking time to write a blog entry, talk with siblings and parents, do laundry, and taking a vacation seem to presently come to mind. I also forgot to take my meds last night, but I didn't flare up at work today so I think I did okay. I have today's dose working through me right now. Caitln made sure to get me back on track.

The last time I saw my family was longer than a day ago though. Dad, Caitlin and I went to Calgary on July 2, 2006 so I could participate in the blessing of Benjamin Arthur Orr. My new nephew, and Dad's first grandson. I was hoping that Caitlin and I would produce the first, but for all I know, our first child may be a daughter. Nevertheless, that's two grandchildren with a third on the way. The only disappointment was that Liz wasn't there. I'll see her and Isobel Monday, because I'm using the next two days to do a lot of things that are long overdue.

While we were waiting for a load of whites to dry, I got a call from Jessica to discuss arrangements for tomorrow. Good thing I told her the Tolley's number in the phone message I left earlier today. My vacation, or 2006 Banff trip, began as soon as I got off work today, because when I got home, the only thing Caitlin and I had in mind was to leave our apartment. Caitin will return Sunday, August 27, 2006. I will be back Tuesday, August 22, 2006, much sooner than my wife due the shortage of experienced staff.

Two days of vacation is still two days not at work, so I'm going to do my best to relax. I'm going to need it if I hope to survive this coming week. It would be nice to spend the entire week with my wife in Banff, but alas, not this year. At least I'm getting some time off, unlike last year. True last year I went to Las Vegas, but that was a convention for WFG, and I'm not doing anything with them anymore. Almost seems ironic, because I'm wearing one of the shirts I bought there.

On a side note, an odd coincidence was brought to my attention today. My assistant manager has the same nickname as my little sister. Further odd coincidence is that the former manager of Londonderry Source shares the same name as me. Hence I make sure to answer the phone using my proper name to avoid confusion. So far those are the only names that have caused confusion.

No comments: