Saturday, October 11, 2008

Does this mean I'm old now?

Late Post - should have been posted yesterday, but I was too tired to move it from iPaq.
********************************************
It's sort of odd that I'm thirty years old now, but only when I think about it. At the same time, it's odd to think about it! When you're a teenager, you think 30 is old, then when you approach that age, you don't think about it, sometimes to the point that you pick an age and stick with it. Women merely 'gain experience' after they turn 29, while men tend to have twelve years experience of being 18 once they hit the big 3-0.

So what's my secret? Meh. There's no secret, just gotta take it a day at a time, and focus on the important things. Mind you, that's changed over the years too. Ten years ago, well, I was on my mission, so the thing I wanted most was mail from home. Twenty years ago, it was Nintendo for sure. Some kind of game and lots of time to play it. Alright, somethings haven't changed because we got a PS2 game, but it's a karaoke High School Musical game. I'm kind of past the whole Mario phase, although I wouldn't mind playing Mario Kart Wii. Truthfully, I wanted to get it so that Caitlin and I would be able to play together. Funny thing is she sings better than me. According to the game at least. I just need practise, and it's a game that she doesn't mind me playing with Rini around. Rock Band would be fun, but 'Enter Sandman' isn't exactly the most kid friendly song out there. We'll just have to visit the Brooks more, and see how they react to HSM:Sing It!

No comments: