Thursday, October 23, 2008

Exhaust of life

Normally I don't like eating out, but food does cheer me up if I'm in a grumpy mood, according to my wife, and she is usually right! This time around, I was not cheering up after food, and I haven't got much sleep in the past few days. Caitlin deduced, in her infinite wifely and womanly wisdom, that I am in need of some rest.

It's recommended that you stock up on thngs in preparation for NaNoWriMo, and I would think that sleep would be one of the biggest things. I was thinking that I would get up at about 5am in order to get my writing time before I go to work. These days, I'm getting up at 6:30am, and that's a bit of a struggle. I was getting out of bed at 6am before, but then I started driving to work, and I didn't need that much time to commute. I could ride my bike, which would work for doing deposits as well, but driving is good for the winter.

Yesterday, I talked with Morgan for a bit in order to figure out the story behind the Mark of Cain. Turns out that it was more of a blessing - the mark - so that people would know not to kill Cain, lest the curse of fields, which was placed upon him for punishment for killing his brother Abel, would come upon the person who kills him. That being said, the curse would come seven fold upon whoever slew Cain. Suffice it to say, I learned a lot, including the fact that it is not the best idea to use Mormon Doctrine First Edition for study, and the Pearl of Great Price has a much better explanation as to why Cain slew Abel. In the Bible, it seems like they went out to the field and "I keel you!" Next thing we read, he's denying the fact that he knows he committed fratricide. Still have a lot to learn about this.

No comments: