Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's all coming together

Last night was the plot-planning party for NaNoWriMo, which was held as early as it was since the kick-off party is more of a fun fest rather than a serious 'Let's think about writing' get-together. But in any case, Rini was running around like a little hellion, and distracting people high and low. The interesting comment that Rini received was "She's not so 'femto' anymore!" Rini is not exactly the 'FemtoWriMo' anymore, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that she has graduated to the rank of 'PicoWriMo' until she can write her name.

But I have developed an insane amount of plot, and I have a really strong story now. I was struggling to piece together the Time-travelling element, so I had to write out a time line, and then draw arrows all over the place. I'm not sure that I would be able to revamp everything should I lose those pieces of paper that have the notes from my dreams and the time line, because I know some people are able to hold everything inside of their head. Yeeeehaeh. Not me. One of the reasons that I wasn't able to finish last year was because I didn't know where I was going with the book. The story was just... going... somewhere. I had no idea where, and it was somewhat annoying. If I have a skeleton that I can fashion the story to conform to, I'm quite sure that I'll be able to work better, stronger, and faster. Then again, another thing that went haywire with the story last time was that the original idea wasn't that clear, and once I started writing, I wasn't sure what I was writing, but I knew that it wasn't was I originally had in mind. And I had to force myself to keep it PG-13. Although I would have enjoyed writing some truly horrid scenes, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted to write something that I wouldn't be afraid of someone finding out that I wrote it, and I would like to read it sometime later in my life with my children. I know a novel is not exactly a bedtime story, but you get the idea. If not, I'm surprised you are reading this blog.

I'm not really keen on divulging details about what I have, but to summarize it quickly, it's a time travel bittersweet romance story. And I'm not sure about the bittersweet part, I just thought it would be a cool word to boost my word count.

It is starting already, and in ten days, the real fun begins, and blog entries will probably get shorter!

No comments: