Monday, October 27, 2008

NaNotime cometh

I had a bit of a disagreement with my inlaws this weekend. Kind of
silly that I could call it an agruement, it was more of a difference
of opinion, and I did not back down. The disagreement was about
Daylight Savings Time. When does it start, and when does it end? End
doesn't really matter, because that's in the spring. In the fall,
that had changed in recent years.

It used to be the last weekend in October, and then the first weekend
in April. I remember that it would be announced in General Priesthood
session in April Conference, but that is not to be anymore. Or who
knows... Maybe the next president will think that we need to change it
back to the way it was. You never know.

But when Caitlin and I dropped off her rings at Jedco, we took a look
at their calendar, and it said that next weekend, Nov 2, is when the
clock change occurs. I was quite sure of this, because it is
mentioned in the NaNoWriMo schedule of events. That is why I was so
sure that it was no longer in October.

And I was right. I got to work on time today because I didn't change
the clocks. Mind, Fall isn't the difficult one to work with, because
you gain an hour. The one day of the year where you can actually live
your life over again, for an hour. The one time of the year when you
can tell someone, "I just ate twenty minutes from now." Ah yes. Good
times.

The things you think of when you are tired.

Just barely four days until the fingers start to fly.

No comments: