Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Little upgrade

Once upon a while ago, I saw a crazy deal at Honour Computers, and I
went in and bought a 1GB stick of DDR2 RAM. Whee! What a deal! Then
I get home, and the blasted thing wouldn't fit. I tried pushing,
rearranging, cleaning, lining up slots perfectly, but it was after
about ten minutes I finally realized that the computer was compatible
with DDR RAM, not DDR2. I couldn't just throw it out. It was still
good, I just couldn't use it for my computer.

Good thing I hung onto it, because I just traded it for 1GB of DDR
RAM. I thought that I could use these two 512MB sticks in tandem with
my other 512MB stick to give the computer 1.5GB of RAM. That didn't
work. Although there are three RAM slots, the computer would only
read two, and I couldn't figure out which two! So the 'puter has 1GB
now, which is a bit of a step up from the 768MB which it had
previously. But I know the computer would run faster if I could
figure out how to get rid of the virus on there! Maybe I should just
get a Mac. That, or I'll be using iPaq more than I am already! And
that's saying something.

No comments: