Sunday, October 19, 2008

Does this mean we have to move again?

I just got news today that a friend of mine is moving out of the ward,
and out of the stake! He and his family are moving to Riverbend, to a
bigger home, which they do need. I'm really sad to see him go,
because it was such a blessing to not only have him in the ward, but
to have him as our hometeacher.

I've heard that the only thing constant in life is change, but the
other thing to keep in mind is the need to accept change. I'm sure if
we wanted to we could move out to Riverbend to be in the same ward,
but Caitlin would prefer to get a home in this end of the city, if not
in Millwoods.

Plus, we heard word about a new program from the government in which
you could have you mortgage paid for by renting out your basement to
mentally and/or physically challenged people. The government is
getting rid of group homes, and in their place they are setting up a
subsidization program for those who rent out a suite to
mentally/physically challenged people. I'm sure that there is a
certain amount of screening that you have to go through, and then
there's also the issue of OWNING A HOUSE. Small details, I'm sure.
Still, if we can save up enough for a down payment, I would think that
would be half the battle.

It was also interesting putting everything together for chruch today.
Usually, I just pop iPaq into my pocket, and away we go. However,
iPaq's battery was a little low, so we went with ye olde books. I
thought we were fine, I had a triple combination, my Kaine Diatheke,
and my priesthood manual. Good thing I checked that, because I
discovered that the manual was not this years 'Joseph Smith' manual,
but rather last years 'Spencer W. Kimbal.' Oops. Fortunately, I was
able to get a manual at church, and I hung onto it. You know, in case
I need it for next time.

No comments: