Friday, October 24, 2008

Now that all the hard work, work is done

It was a bit of a hustle to get things done at work today. I stayed a little bit later, but I didn't mind. First of all, the bank was open until 5pm today, so I didn't miss the deposit deadline. I made another batch today, and that was the fourth deposit batch I had done this week! Craziness! Today, I put in three of those four, because the past two days I had missed the 4pm deadline. I would have made it yesterday, but I figured I had loads of time, and I should open some mail before I left. I should have just left a little early and made the drop! Silly!

It was also a push to get some remittances wrapped up. Little did I know, we need to submit numbers every week, on Friday, and those numbers are based on the invoiced remittances. The remittances get invoiced after I reconcile them. Oops. Mercifully, I'm getting better at my job, so I was able to plow through the dozen or so I had left before I retired for the weekend. I felt very satisfied with how much work I had done today! I certainly hope that I'm going to be worth a raise when employee evaluation comes around in December.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to manage writing a novel next month, but then I remember that I just have to cut out all TV viewing, and I should be fine. I'm also going to have to find some time to write when Rini is off in snoozeville, because I can't concentrate very well when there is a screeching child in the background. Hard to concentrate to say the least. I was thinking that writing in the early morning would work best, but that would mean getting out of bed early in the morning! Woof. I could do it, maybe. I have a hard enough time getting out of bed by 6:30am, so getting up at 5am? That would be a bit much. Artist have to be willing to starve for their art though, and it's a matter of how bad do you want it.

My story is really awesome, and I would really like to be able to finish 50k this year. We will have to see. And attend a lot of write ins. The 17 hour write in would be a rush to participate in, but I don't know how long I would be able to stay awake! Plus, we have Rini, so if Caitlin and I went, we would have to leave Rini with someone else, and... it just wouldn't work logistically. We might be able to do participate via the chat room, and we might be able to stop by the library for a time, but we would be able to be there for the entirety from midnight o'clock to seventeen o'clock. That would be fun, but no. Maybe when Rini is thirteen, but then we might have other children to worry about. CRUMBLEBEES!

Maybe I just have to accept that I'm not as young as I used to be.

No comments: